...off to a Flying Start since Sunday 15th August 2010

...off to a Flying Start since Sunday 15th August 2010

Thursday, June 19, 2014

HORSE MANIA @Tape Projects, ALbert's Fest Sunday 8th June 2014

Albert's Fest post number two; Horse Mania.
 'Twas the end of the night, time for a cup of hot milo and a bedtime story. This band of kindly mothering lads consists of Tasmanians Simon Hanselmann and Karl von Bamberger, this may be their first Uncle Melby show and maybe it will be their only Uncle Melby show. Who knows-I certainly don't but I'll be asking questions later.
 Unfortunately I missed the first five or so minutes of this performance so the recording is only one hour and thirteen minutes long. It doesn't matter!
 Center stage sitting at a table with lamp the duo rustled casiotone keyboards, bits of paper, microphones, perhaps a dictaphone and audience suggestions(or occasional insults). I had a great time and had a few things to say of which I have no recollection of as I was a bit "sleepy". No worries, these Tasmanians come from a rich heritage of not giving a fuck and allowing the audience to be fully ackwnowledged within their performance. I like their vibe!
 Horse Mania's conversationalist approach reminded me of many a night spent drinking wine and smoking rosemary laced rollies in Karl's almost windowless den of a flat in Northcote. He had a nickname for his house of which I am not sure if many people will find funny(his "r__pe den") and I thought it smelled of some deathly drug overdose and who knows what the bottle of olive oil was doing in his bedroom.
  Musically I don't remember much but banter with seemingly spontaneous casiotone driven downsided pop. I may be totally off course with this memory but I do positively remember seeing Karl take a photo or two. When I listen back to this recording I suppose it'll all come flooding back and I'll probabably regret what I thought at the time were witty heckles....
 Give a root and give it a toot!

No comments:

Post a Comment